Every photographer knows about the endless amounts of goodies out there designed for making their lives better. Every photographer also knows that all of these goodies cost money. Shopping for the photographer in your life probably isn’t as difficult as you may think. You don’t need to know anything about equipment or tech to get them something they’ll absolutely fall in love with.
- Camera Strap – In lieu of the bulky and boring neck straps that often come with cameras, these straps will allow your photographer to keep their equipment safe and close on the job while staying fashionable.
2. Personalized USB Flash Drives – Now your beloved photographer can not only blow away clients with their digital content, they can impress them with the medium.
Photo Flash Drive. Quotes available on website.
3. Photography Books – Give the gift of knowledge. Three of our favorites:
4. Camera Bag – With compartments and padding specifically for camera equipment, it’s a no brainer that every photographer needs one of these.
Try searching here for more styles and greater variety.
5. External Hard Drive – It eventually becomes impossible for a photographer to store all their high resolution photos and videos on their computer. That’s where these bad boys come in.
6. Comfortable Shoes – Photographers spend entire days chasing after wedding parties, street photography opportunities, etc. Their feet and back will thank you.
Nike Juvenate Grey and Black $84.99
7. Photobook – This one might get a little tricky with printing rights, but what a nice gift it would be to see your own work displayed in a book. Artifact Uprising is great for the trendy, minimalist photographer in your life.
Artifact Uprising: Starting at $18
8. Wireless Shutter Release – One of these would allow your photographer pal to take photos without shaking their camera, finally nailing that time-lapse photo they’ve been wishing to capture, and generally make their job a little easier. Just make sure you choose the one that’s compatible with their brand of camera.
9. Lens Cleaning Kit – Finding a spot on the lens can really put a damper on a photo session. This lens cleaning kit is small enough to fit in their bag and will help ensure smooth shooting.
10. Protective Travel Filter Case – This case will allow safe transport and storage for 6 of those delicate filters, and also comes with a premium microfiber cleaning cloth.
B+W B4 Four-Filter Pouch $13.95
11. Coffee Mugs – We all know photographers spend countless hours editing their clients’ images hunched over a desk. Help boost their productivity with a cheeky caffeine vessel.
12. Portable Reflectors – These collapsable reflectors come in different shapes and sizes, and will save the day when the lighting for an out-of-studio photo shoot isn’t quite right.
Get this 5-in-1, 43 inch pack here for just $17.99
13. Drone – By far has the potential to be the most expensive on this list, but definitely a drool-worthy gift for your beloved camera fiend. B&H Photo has a great reputation, and their online store offers drones ranging from $15.99 to $31,599. No, you didn’t read that wrong.
Recommended for intermediate levels, the DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter is a perfect fit for most people at the affordable price of $249
14. Memory Cards – Never. Enough. Just make sure the ones you get are compatible with their equipment.
15. Compact Video Lights – Ultra compact, 96 LEDs
16. High Quality Printer Paper – Grant them the ease of printing their photos at home without a major drop in quality. You can purchase different dimensions, or get this pack of 25 sheets for 8.5”x11” prints for $29.11.
Let us know your favorite brands or equipment and that one item you just can’t live without as a photographer! We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.